Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Kissy Bits #16 - The heroine

Show Sixteen – the heroic heroine

Finally!

Why have I been holding out on the heroine? Cause heroines are that much harder.

“Just shut up and give me more page time with wonder boy here!”

When you ask people to describe their heroines, they’ll often give you a physical rundown.

The ingredients that separate a true heroine from just a mediocre one are based on what's inside of her.

First, a romantic heroine must CONNECT.

Second, a romantic heroine must have STRENGTH.

Third, a romantic heroine must DESERVE YOUR HERO.

A heroine embodies all our hopes and dreams of a perfect love.

Heroine archetypes:

The BOSS.
The SEDUCTRESS.
The SPUNKY KID.
The FREE SPIRIT.
The WAIF.
The LIBRARIAN.
The CRUSADER.
The NURTURER.

Think of your favourite heroines of all times.


The next few episodes are going to be a lot different to what we’ve had so far. It’s conference season for romance writers everywhere, and as I’ve said, I’ll be heading to the Romance Writers of Australia conference at the Gold Coast.

If you’ve got anything you want to know about the conference, about the writing journey, about romance in writing, you know how to reach me!

If you’ll be on the gold coast for the conference, drop me a line and we can get together for a chat. I promise I’ll be nice to you.

Show link:
Heroine Archetypes


Listen to the show

8 Comments:

At 11:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR SHOW! I downloaded all the archives and they completely were wonderful, just left me wanting more. You rock, Kiki!

 
At 10:03 am, Blogger Kiki said...

Thank you, leslea!
Glad you like it.

 
At 1:04 pm, Blogger Richard Crawford said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:07 pm, Blogger Richard Crawford said...

Great show! Even though I write comic horror and adventure, I'm learning a lot from "The Kissy Bits". I've listened to episodes 10 through 15, and now I'm off to download all the ones I've missed. And I may even break out some of my wife's chick lit now. Thanks!

Keep it up!

 
At 1:40 am, Blogger Tee said...

So...all this talk about pirates...

...when will you have an "All Pirates" Kissy Bits? ;)

Your show never ceases to make me smile; and I really enjoy your show, Kiki. I always look forward to more...as well as your chick lit podiobook!

 
At 11:01 am, Blogger Kiki said...

Thanks, Richard.
The majority of my listeners seem to be non-romance writers. I'm glad you're finding something useful in the show for your own writing!

Tee: I'm thinking about a 'hot themes' series. We'll see how that goes. ^_^

 
At 1:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for talking about the different heroine archetypes. You really helped me figure out what was wrong with my own heroine -- she had no real personality! She was just a lifeless shade that I molded to fit whatever crisis was happening around her. I realized the things happening *to* her were fascinating, but that she herself was quite dull. Seems that was where most of my problems were coming from, so thanks for giving me the kick in the pants that I needed. ;)

 
At 9:52 am, Anonymous sofyan17 said...

I just downloaded your show and I love it, it's great, helped me a lot with my heroine
I though I might have overestimated myself to try and write a good story about a short fat and ill tempered girl... but thanks to you i'm fueled up now
hope to hear news from the show soon enough
sorry my english is bad, not my mothertongue you see
Sofyan17

 

Post a Comment

<< Home